Help For Developers
From DavicalJump to navigationJump to search
You would like to help on DAViCal, but want to know where to start?
Where to start
- Check the code out of Git and take a look at it.
- Think about what you want to do and why you want to do it.
How to start
Read Developer Setup first!
- Chat/email about what you are doing, and what you would like to do. (especially on IRC, but the mailing lists are good too).
- Make small changes.
- Try and make your changes fit the existing programming style.
- Try and make your changes have low impact on the existing code.
- Perhaps write them as an include defining a function, and a code hook that calls the function at the appropriate place.
- Consider the possibility that the code might run in a wide variety of environments.
- Try not to haul in large external dependencies.
What to start
- Consider adding to the web interface.
- Consider adding a new Authentication hook
but don't feel restricted to this list. Chat with the developers.