Difference between revisions of "Community Support/Minutes 09Apr2014"
From DavicalJump to navigationJump to search
(Created page with " Previous one | Next one __NOTOC__ '''DAViCal PROJECT MEETING, called for 2014-04-09, 16:00 UT...")
m (Next One link update)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[[Community Support/Minutes 25Mar2014|Previous one]] | [[Community Support/Minutes
[[Community Support/Minutes 25Mar2014|Previous one]] | [[Community Support/Minutes |Next one]]
Latest revision as of 20:00, 30 April 2014
DAViCal PROJECT MEETING, called for 2014-04-09, 16:00 UTC
- People involved in the meeting: Jim Fenton, Mate, Jorge LP, phoo1234567, Narcis Garcia, Cyril
- Begin time: 16:15 UTC
1. Project's infrastructure
- Agreement: On next meeting will agree or not about not assuming davical.com for the project, and only use davical.org
1.1. Website and documentation
- No news about webhosting.
- Jim will reverify his offsite backup procedure.
- Jim take an action to contact Tuxick and see if we're ready to go, and try to contact Andrew.
1.1.1 Davical hostnames
- Andrew says only hostnames we haven't dealt with (besides perhaps uservoice) is lists.davical.org, but that isn't really being used.
- Information: Main DNS registration expires this August 2014.
- Agreement: We will pay 5 years of davical.org DNS registration renewal. Narcis will contact Andrew McMillan to organize the action.
- Jim, Cyril and Jorge offer contributions to DNS fees.
1.2. Source code
- Source repository is now Gitlab: https://gitlab.com/groups/davical-project. If you test the current gitlab version, please, don't use the davical invitation functionality.
- Informations: There are 3-4 remaining issues. Very few bugs and Mate hope will fix them next week. The gitlab code was forked from repo.or.cz which was merged with the github code by Andrew McMillan. We are really close but there are really *MAJOR* changes in Awl interface and some bugs require very deep debugging.
- Mate is interested in getting testing on the current version from people who don't need the invitation functionality. Jim and Narcis (and perhaps others) agreed to test.
- Information: Invitations issue is that sometimes the response from the server contains more information than should (and some clients may be confused).
1.3. Downloads and binary repositories
- Information: In Debian there is a request that concerns to DAViCal presence at repositories https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=742498
- We expect Mate will inform which enhacements needs version 1.1.2 to be deliverable.
1.3.1 Debian/DEB Packages
- Agreement: We will communicate to Debian team that DAViCal has a new team.
- Information: No news from Mate and Adrien-M on this point.
- Agreement: Narcis will propose Florian Schlichting to be the communication link with Debian team.
1.3.2 RedHat/RPM Packages
- Information: No news from bobloblian and tuxick on this point.
- No information about if there is any RPM distribution that includes DAViCal in their repositories.
- Information: Jorge & Cyril continue to work on the subject.
2.1. Tickets or bug reports
- Information: previously excluded from choice: redmine (slow), bugzilla (not easy, publish emails).
- Agreement: bug tracker should only track bugs, not people, but a link to submiter is needed.
- Others excluded from choice: Github (difficult to accept Github policies), Disqus (US hosted, not privacy compliant and not a bug tracker)
- Narcis will test software from glpi-project.org, mantisbt.org, thebuggenie.com, and sf.net/projects/zentrack
2.2. Patches or updates
- Agreement: Point 2.2 is defered for next meeting.
2.3. New features or versions
- Agreement: Point 2.3 is defered for next meeting.
3.1 Mailing list and meetings
- Agreement: Next meeting will be on April 23th at 17:00 UTC. Chat at #davical OFTC IRC channel, minutes at Gobby channel assemblies.actiu.info:23101
- Information: JorgeLP and Cyril are Transifex coordinators of DAViCal project.
3.3. Communication with Andrew McMillan
- Information: Narcis has just sent a mail to Andrew about davical.org registration renewals.
- Information about mail aliases: support@, hostmaster@, translations@, admin@, proposed-patches@, wiki-access@.
4. Off topics
- Ended at time: 18:30 UTC