-- this is a work in progress
Installing DAViCal on a Synology NAS
DAViCal runs perfectly on the Synology NAS range using the system's Apache and pgsql services.
There are a number of install issues that need to be worked round:
- The built in postgres binary tree is missing the language library 'plpgsql'
- The built in postgres binary tree is missing the binary 'createlang'
- DAViCal's db creation and scripts needs pearl and some perl modules
In order to address the above issues it will be necessary to install a command line, the optware package manager 'ipkg' and the tool chain.
- Notes on enabling command line access to the Synology NAS
- Notes on installing optware package manager
- Install the tool chain
ROOT# ipkg install optware-devel
This command may not complete correctly and end in an error about package wget-ssl clashes with wget. If so, finish the job by:
ROOT# ipkg remove wget ROOT# cp /usr/syno/bin/wget /opt/bin ROOT# ipkg install wget-ssl ROOT# ipkg update ROOT# ipkg upgrade ROOT# ipkg install optware-devel
Now you have usable system why not install your favourite editor ( ipkg install emacs :) ) and add a new user and give them sudo ( ipkg install sudo ) powers to avoid nasty accidents.
- Get plpgsql and createlang
sudo ipkg install postgresql
The optware install is not going to be run we just need those binaries.
mkdir /opt/usr/bin mkdir /opt/usr/lib cp /opt/lib/postgresql/plpgsql.so /opt/usr/lib/plpgsql cp /opt/bin/createlang /opt/usr/bin ipkg remove postgresql
- Now tell Postgres where to find plpgsql
su -c "/usr/syno/pgsql/bin/createdb mytemp" admin su -c "/usr/syno/pgsql/bin/psql" admin mytemp=# UPDATE pg_pltemplate SET tmpllibrary = '/opt/usr/lib/plpgsql' WHERE tmplname = 'plpgsql'; <ctrl-d> su -c "/usr/syno/pgsql/bin/dropdb mytemp" admin
- Now install perl and some perl modules
- Good, now we can follow the standard DAViCal install procedure
su -c "PATH=/opt/usr/bin:/usr/syno/pgsql/bin:$PATH sh ./create-database.sh" admin