Community Support/Minutes 18May2015
From DavicalJump to navigationJump to search
DAViCal PROJECT MEETING, called for 2015-05-18, 19:00 UTC
People involved in the meeting: Jim Fenton, gorka, mate, fsfs, Cyril Giraud
Begin time: 19:08 UTC
1. Project infrastructure
1.1. Website and documentation
- Wiki sub-pages extension has been added and pages using the old extension edited to use the new one.
- There are quote a few orphan (unreferenced) pages. Some are redundant or unneeded, and should be deleted. But most people apparently don't have delete privileges, so they can be edited to just show "page should be deleted" instead.
- Other pages that are orphaned but contain useful info should be linked from somewhere so they can be found.
1.2. Source code
- Mate has an employee working on a validation library for CalDAV data, to allow non-RFC compliant legacy data in tables to be fixed.
- gorka has reported (and JimFenton also experiences) a problem with stray ; characters in VCARD records. Apparently related to extra escaping of characters in the caldav_data table. gorka is working on helping mate reproduce the problem.
- Andrew Ruthven asked about email-based invitiations/acceptances. External invitations aren't working at all; lots of problems with internal invitations which need to be solved first. Some discussion about creating a development branch to address these. Cyril will work on the internal invitation problems.
- gorka mentioned that we have a couple of reasonable-looking merge requests on Gitlab that need to be reviewed. Mate can do so, but not until July. Gorka will review, but would like a second reviewer. May reach out to Puck. (Puck was online after the meeting and said he'd try to help)
1.3. Downloads and binary repositories
1.3.1 Debian/DEB Packages
- cyril will have a look to issue #40 (rebuild-translations.sh creates incorrect supported_locales.sql)
1.3.2 RedHat/RPM Packages
1.3.3 Virtual Machine Packages
- Cyril is trying to get DAViCal and InfCloud running in a VM,
2.1. Tickets or bug reports
2.2. Patches or updates
2.3. New features or versions
3.1 Mailing list and meetings
Next meeting will be held Monday 29 June 2015 at 19:00 UTC.
3.3. Communication with Andrew McMillan
4. Off topics
Meeting adjourned 20:56 UTC.