Community Support/Minutes 11Mar2014
From DavicalJump to navigationJump to search
DAViCal PROJECT MEETING, called for 2014-03-11, 17:00 UTC
- People involved in the meeting: narcisgarcia, bobloblian, tuxick, gorka, Jim Fenton, Frank Martin, mu3, cyril, be0rn, Adrien-M, Gotiniens, jorgelp
- Begin time: 17:05 UTC
1. Project's infrastructure
1.1. Website and documentation
- Jim Fenton informs that he and mu3 have admin accounts for davical.dhits.nl , got from the website operator Tony. Also that wiki.davical.gmta.nl "is dead", and that wiki.davical.org points to davical.dhits.nl
- tuxick proposes additional hosting to backup resources (offers hosting; now is already hosting the wiki at davical.dhits.nl).
- Agreement: tuxick will deploy a backup task for websites files and databases.
- Decision about 2nd backup on independent location remains open (kinda low prio atm)
- Agreement: tuxick assumes all webhosting (main website + wiki) in the same place.
1.1.1 Davical hostnames
- feedback.davical.org == davical.uservoice.com
- wiki.davical.org == davical.dhits.nl
- Agreement: JimFenton will ask for a complete list of hostnames in davical.org (or DNS zone file).
1.2. Source code
- Proposal to use gitlab.com. gitorious.com, proposed in last meeting, seems unstable (perhaps due to corporate acquisition)
- Agreement: We all will test a new repository (already created by Gorka) at www.gitlab.com and then decide to be it the official repository place or not. Gorka will add people as developer/admin.
- It was recognized that we need to include the awl package in any repository changes, since davical is highly dependent on it. awl repo exists at http://repo.or.cz/w/awl.git/ , and will need to move to gitlab as well.
1.3. Downloads and binary repositories
- Agreement: Binary repositories will be hosted at same server as web, as offered by tuxick
1.3.1 Debian/DEB Packages
- Some uncertainty about how to update Debian packages. Andrew had done this in the past.
- Jan Mate assumes Debian packages investigation to be generated. Adrien-M will try too.
1.3.2 RedHat/RPM Packages
- bobloblian and tuxick will work on RPM packaging
- Note: "Producing tarballs now which can be build by rpmbuild -ta davical.tar.gz"
- Cyril informs that Transifex hosts davical localizations and allows non developer contributors to translate davical strings.
- Actually, 3 coordinators on the project: lkraav (?), fmms (?), karora (Andrew).
- Cyril assumes taking coordination rights for Transifex account.
- JorgeLP 'assumes trying Transifex client to have a procedure to get english strings from source to Transifex, and dumping translations back to souce code.
2.1. Tickets or bug reports
- Jim Fenton assumes to ask Andrew for admin rights to the davical-general list on SourceForge.
- Jan Mate may have admin rights for the list.
- gorka will test gitlab bugtracker
- Bug tracker tool will be decided later, mailing list used temporary (davical-general mailing list).
2.2. Patches or updates
- Jan Mate assumes to try merging all working patches that have been provided through the mailing list.
2.3. New features or versions
- Agreement: Deferred until source code repository is settled.
3.1 Mailing list and meetings
- Agreement: Next meeting for March 25th 2014 at 17:00 UTC
3.2. Available roles
3.3. Communication with Andrew McMillan
4. Off topics
Ended at time: 18:58 UTC