Difference between revisions of "Community Support/Minutes 11Mar2014"

From Davical
Jump to navigationJump to search
(Ported minutes from Gobby)
 
(More format)
Line 1: Line 1:
DAViCal PROJECT MEETING, called for 2014-03-11, 17:00 UTC
+
__NOTOC__
 +
'''DAViCal PROJECT MEETING, called for 2014-03-11, 17:00 UTC'''
  
People involved in the meeting: narcisgarcia, bobloblian, tuxick, gorka, Jim Fenton, Frank Martin, mu3, cyril, be0rn, Adrien-M, Gotiniens, jorgelp
+
: People involved in the meeting: narcisgarcia, bobloblian, tuxick, gorka, Jim Fenton, Frank Martin, mu3, cyril, be0rn, Adrien-M, Gotiniens, jorgelp
 +
: Begin time: 17:05 UTC
  
 +
=== 1. Project's infrastructure ===
  
Begin time: 17:05 UTC
+
==== 1.1. Website and documentation ====
  
1. Project's infrastructure
+
: http://davical.dhits.nl
 
+
: http://wiki.davical.gmta.nl/
 
 
1.1. Website and documentation
 
 
 
http://davical.dhits.nl
 
<br />http://wiki.davical.gmta.nl/
 
 
* Jim Fenton informs that he and mu3 have admin accounts for davical.dhits.nl , got from the website operator Tony. Also that wiki.davical.gmta.nl "is dead", and that wiki.davical.org points to davical.dhits.nl
 
* Jim Fenton informs that he and mu3 have admin accounts for davical.dhits.nl , got from the website operator Tony. Also that wiki.davical.gmta.nl "is dead", and that wiki.davical.org points to davical.dhits.nl
 
* tuxick proposes additional hosting to backup resources (offers hosting; now is already hosting the wiki at davical.dhits.nl).
 
* tuxick proposes additional hosting to backup resources (offers hosting; now is already hosting the wiki at davical.dhits.nl).
* Agreement: tuxick will deploy a backup task for websites files and databases.
+
* '''Agreement:''' tuxick will deploy a backup task for websites files and databases.
* Decision about 2nd backup on independent location remains open (kinda low prio atm)
+
* '''Decision''' about 2nd backup on independent location remains open (kinda low prio atm)
* Agreement: tuxick assumes all webhosting (main website + wiki) in the same place.
+
* '''Agreement:''' tuxick assumes all webhosting (main website + wiki) in the same place.
  
1.1.1 Davical hostnames
+
===== 1.1.1 Davical hostnames =====
  
 
* feedback.davical.org == davical.uservoice.com
 
* feedback.davical.org == davical.uservoice.com
 
* wiki.davical.org == davical.dhits.nl
 
* wiki.davical.org == davical.dhits.nl
* Agreement: JimFenton will ask for a complete list of hostnames in davical.org (or DNS zone file).
+
* '''Agreement:''' JimFenton will ask for a complete list of hostnames in davical.org (or DNS zone file).
  
1.2. Source code
+
==== 1.2. Source code ====
  
http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git
+
: http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git
<br />http://github.com/davical
+
: http://github.com/davical
 
* Proposal to use gitlab.com. gitorious.com, proposed in last meeting, seems unstable (perhaps due to corporate acquisition)
 
* Proposal to use gitlab.com. gitorious.com, proposed in last meeting, seems unstable (perhaps due to corporate acquisition)
* Agreement: We all will test a new repository (already created by Gorka) at www.gitlab.com and then decide to be it the official repository place or not. Gorka will add people as developer/admin.
+
* '''Agreement:''' We all will test a new repository (already created by Gorka) at www.gitlab.com and then decide to be it the official repository place or not. Gorka will add people as developer/admin.
 
* It was recognized that we need to include the awl package in any repository changes, since davical is highly dependent on it. awl repo exists at http://repo.or.cz/w/awl.git/ , and will need to move to gitlab as well.
 
* It was recognized that we need to include the awl package in any repository changes, since davical is highly dependent on it. awl repo exists at http://repo.or.cz/w/awl.git/ , and will need to move to gitlab as well.
  
1.3. Downloads and binary repositories
+
==== 1.3. Downloads and binary repositories ====
  
* Agreement: Binary repositories will be hosted at same server as web, as offered by tuxick
+
* '''Agreement:''' Binary repositories will be hosted at same server as web, as offered by tuxick
  
1.3.1 Debian/DEB Packages
+
===== 1.3.1 Debian/DEB Packages =====
  
 
* Some uncertainty about how to update Debian packages. Andrew had done this in the past.
 
* Some uncertainty about how to update Debian packages. Andrew had done this in the past.
* Jan Mate assumes Debian packages investigation to be generated. Adrien-M will try too.
+
* Jan Mate '''assumes''' Debian packages investigation to be generated. Adrien-M will try too.
  
1.3.2 RedHat/RPM Packages
+
===== 1.3.2 RedHat/RPM Packages =====
  
* bobloblian and tuxick will work on RPM packaging
+
* bobloblian and tuxick '''will work on''' RPM packaging
 
* Note: "Producing tarballs now which can be build by rpmbuild -ta davical.tar.gz"
 
* Note: "Producing tarballs now which can be build by rpmbuild -ta davical.tar.gz"
http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/commit/b69836e9d67916d51a79f2c61ce13d225bea8727
+
: http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/commit/b69836e9d67916d51a79f2c61ce13d225bea8727
  
1.4. Localization
+
==== 1.4. Localization ====
  
 
* Cyril informs that Transifex hosts davical localizations and allows non developer contributors to translate davical strings.
 
* Cyril informs that Transifex hosts davical localizations and allows non developer contributors to translate davical strings.
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/davical/
+
: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/davical/
Actually, 3 coordinators on the project: lkraav (?), fmms (?), karora (Andrew).
+
: Actually, 3 coordinators on the project: lkraav (?), fmms (?), karora (Andrew).
* Cyril assumes taking coordination rights for Transifex account.
+
* Cyril '''assumes''' taking coordination rights for Transifex account.
* JorgeLP assumes trying Transifex client to have a procedure to get english strings from source to Transifex, and dumping translations back to souce code.
+
* JorgeLP '''assumes'' trying Transifex client to have a procedure to get english strings from source to Transifex, and dumping translations back to souce code.
  
2. Development
+
=== 2. Development ===
  
2.1. Tickets or bug reports
+
==== 2.1. Tickets or bug reports ====
  
* Jim Fenton assumes to ask Andrew for admin rights to the davical-general list on SourceForge.
+
* Jim Fenton '''assumes''' to ask Andrew for admin rights to the davical-general list on SourceForge.
 
* Jan Mate may have admin rights for the list.
 
* Jan Mate may have admin rights for the list.
* gorka will test gitlab bugtracker
+
* gorka '''will''' test gitlab bugtracker
* Bug tracker tool will be decided later, mailing list used temporary (davical-general mailing list).
+
* Bug tracker tool '''will''' be decided later, mailing list used temporary (davical-general mailing list).
 
 
2.2. Patches or updates
 
 
 
* Jan Mate assumes to try merging all working patches that have been provided through the mailing list.
 
 
 
2.3. New features or versions
 
  
* Agreement: Deferred until source code repository is settled.
+
==== 2.2. Patches or updates ====
  
3.Project's community
+
* Jan Mate '''assumes''' to try merging all working patches that have been provided through the mailing list.
  
3.1 Mailing list and meetings
+
==== 2.3. New features or versions ====
  
* Agreement: Next meeting for March 25th 2014 at 17:00 UTC
+
* '''Agreement:''' Deferred until source code repository is settled.
  
3.2. Available roles
+
=== 3.Project's community ===
  
 +
==== 3.1 Mailing list and meetings ====
  
3.3. Communication with Andrew McMillan
+
* '''Agreement:''' Next meeting for March 25th 2014 at 17:00 UTC
  
 +
==== 3.2. Available roles ====
  
4. Off topics
+
==== 3.3. Communication with Andrew McMillan ====
  
 +
=== 4. Off topics ===
  
 
Ended at time: 18:58 UTC
 
Ended at time: 18:58 UTC

Revision as of 09:27, 13 March 2014

DAViCal PROJECT MEETING, called for 2014-03-11, 17:00 UTC

People involved in the meeting: narcisgarcia, bobloblian, tuxick, gorka, Jim Fenton, Frank Martin, mu3, cyril, be0rn, Adrien-M, Gotiniens, jorgelp
Begin time: 17:05 UTC

1. Project's infrastructure

1.1. Website and documentation

http://davical.dhits.nl
http://wiki.davical.gmta.nl/
  • Jim Fenton informs that he and mu3 have admin accounts for davical.dhits.nl , got from the website operator Tony. Also that wiki.davical.gmta.nl "is dead", and that wiki.davical.org points to davical.dhits.nl
  • tuxick proposes additional hosting to backup resources (offers hosting; now is already hosting the wiki at davical.dhits.nl).
  • Agreement: tuxick will deploy a backup task for websites files and databases.
  • Decision about 2nd backup on independent location remains open (kinda low prio atm)
  • Agreement: tuxick assumes all webhosting (main website + wiki) in the same place.
1.1.1 Davical hostnames
  • feedback.davical.org == davical.uservoice.com
  • wiki.davical.org == davical.dhits.nl
  • Agreement: JimFenton will ask for a complete list of hostnames in davical.org (or DNS zone file).

1.2. Source code

http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git
http://github.com/davical
  • Proposal to use gitlab.com. gitorious.com, proposed in last meeting, seems unstable (perhaps due to corporate acquisition)
  • Agreement: We all will test a new repository (already created by Gorka) at www.gitlab.com and then decide to be it the official repository place or not. Gorka will add people as developer/admin.
  • It was recognized that we need to include the awl package in any repository changes, since davical is highly dependent on it. awl repo exists at http://repo.or.cz/w/awl.git/ , and will need to move to gitlab as well.

1.3. Downloads and binary repositories

  • Agreement: Binary repositories will be hosted at same server as web, as offered by tuxick
1.3.1 Debian/DEB Packages
  • Some uncertainty about how to update Debian packages. Andrew had done this in the past.
  • Jan Mate assumes Debian packages investigation to be generated. Adrien-M will try too.
1.3.2 RedHat/RPM Packages
  • bobloblian and tuxick will work on RPM packaging
  • Note: "Producing tarballs now which can be build by rpmbuild -ta davical.tar.gz"
http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/commit/b69836e9d67916d51a79f2c61ce13d225bea8727

1.4. Localization

  • Cyril informs that Transifex hosts davical localizations and allows non developer contributors to translate davical strings.
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/davical/
Actually, 3 coordinators on the project: lkraav (?), fmms (?), karora (Andrew).
  • Cyril assumes taking coordination rights for Transifex account.
  • JorgeLP 'assumes trying Transifex client to have a procedure to get english strings from source to Transifex, and dumping translations back to souce code.

2. Development

2.1. Tickets or bug reports

  • Jim Fenton assumes to ask Andrew for admin rights to the davical-general list on SourceForge.
  • Jan Mate may have admin rights for the list.
  • gorka will test gitlab bugtracker
  • Bug tracker tool will be decided later, mailing list used temporary (davical-general mailing list).

2.2. Patches or updates

  • Jan Mate assumes to try merging all working patches that have been provided through the mailing list.

2.3. New features or versions

  • Agreement: Deferred until source code repository is settled.

3.Project's community

3.1 Mailing list and meetings

  • Agreement: Next meeting for March 25th 2014 at 17:00 UTC

3.2. Available roles

3.3. Communication with Andrew McMillan

4. Off topics

Ended at time: 18:58 UTC