From DavicalJump to navigationJump to search
Start of some documentation for the aCal, Android CalDAV Client.
As well as the obvious buttons in aCal, there are a variety of things that are not so obvious, most of which are available through a long press on something:
- Long press on an event in the day's list for Edit / Delete options.
- Long press on a collection in the collections list for a disable option.
- Long press on a server in the servers list for Export / Delete options.
- Long press on the year view to choose to go to a particular year.
- aCal does not have a local calendar
- aCal does not in any way deal with the internal Android Calendar store.
- When saving changes to a repeating event, the only currently supported option is "Modify all instances".
- When you are off-line and create an event, the event will be unmodifiable and display as "saving" until you get back into coverage and it is sent to the server.
- Exporting a server account configuration includes the password in the export, in plain text, in the XML file which is saved on the sdcard in the 'acal' folder.
- Alarms may sometimes not divulge the name of the event that they are notifying (though the displayed event time is correct).
- When editing an event the "Apply" button is labelled "Add".