And the winner is: DAViCal
This is all retained for historical interest, for a wee while
The name of RSCDS really kind of sucks. What does CalDAV have to do with Scottish Country Dancing anyway? :)
So, folks, put your suggestions on this page, and in a month or two we'll pick one, or take a vote, or something (hey: feel free to suggest how we should choose them as well :-), and the lucky person making that suggestion will get all the credit for having done so.
If we find something catchy with just the right frisson of humour before then, maybe we'll just decide early.
To save people from wasting time searching, the names "Calisto" and "Calypso" are already in use for related software.
Suggestions to date are:
- Commonera (== Common Era)
- OpenCalDav a la openLDAP
- Time cube
- Just this Calendar Server, y'know.
- Time Box
- PHP CalDAV
- MoonBat -- Akin to FireFox, ThunderBird, etc, Invokes the passage of time ("many moons").
- Shared Calendar Server
- Easy CalDAV
- ycall (pronounced as Wicall (webbased icall)
- calendula (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendula)
- w4 ( who / what / when / where )
Also, some language related suggestions:
- Matariki (Maori word for Calendar)