General Installation Procedure
You will want to collect the RPMs for libawl-php and rscds from this site. In addition you will want some recent versions of:
You should follow the general installation procedure listed at http://rscds.sourceforge.net/installation.php though it would be appreciated if you note any specific considerations / corrections to that in the area below.
Distro Specific Notes
Installation on Fedora Core 6 using the Sourceforge RPMs is straightforward. It did fail to find pwgen, but was able to generate an admin password without it.
Installation on Fedora Core 5 was also without problems.
RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) 5
I had to first install perl-DBI and perl-YAML packages. These can be found in the rpmforge repository. See http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/ for more info.
Installation on CentOS 4.4 wasn't entirely unproblematic. Most of the issues were to do with the default install of postgresql, and as such does not apply if postgresql is already installed and configured. Installing postgresql doesn't automatically include the postgres bindings for PHP, so they need to be separately installed. The default access permissions use ident to check for access, which fails when the user is 'general'; some manual changing of the pg_hba.conf file is required over and above what the installation manual suggests.
These are not necessarily complete, and have not been tested on a clean CentOS installation, but worked on CentOS 5.2 machine that has not run postgres or perl before
- yum install postgresql postgresql-server php-pgsql perl-YAML postgresql-devel perl-DBD-Pg
- /etc/init.d/postgresql start
- follow instructions from the manual to switch to the postgres user and create the database and user
- the pg_hba.conf file is found under /var/lib/pgsql/data. Add the config line to the top of the file, above all the other rules
- /etc/init.d/postgresql restart
- follow instructions from the manual