This page, and related sub-pages, give details of the configuration of DAViCal itself. If you haven't yet got Apache, PHP and PostgreSQL working correctly to get DAViCal operating in a basic manner then you need to sort those issues out first. Take a look at the Apache Config, PHP Config and PostgreSQL Config pages.
The configuration file for DAViCal is looked for in several places, but the best choice is probably
/etc/davical/config.php if you only want to run a single DAViCal instance.
If you want to do something different, DAViCal searches first for a number of absolute paths, and then for some relative paths, in the following order:
Absolute paths searched for DAViCal's configuration file:
Relative (to DAViCal's index.php) paths searched for the configuration file:
Make sure config.php is readable for your webserver!
Configuration is PHP Code
The DAViCal configuration file is a piece of PHP code which is included very early in the processing of each page. If that does not exist, you'll get a nice error page telling you what to put in it. If the file exists but is not readable, it will be silently ignored.
If the file has a PHP syntax error you will have problems! Make sure all assignments are enclosed in quotes (or are numbers) and that each statement is correctly ended with a semicolon.
General Configuration Settings
- Problems And Solutions
- User and Group Permissions
- Database Settings
- Authentication Settings - configuring external authentication methods like LDAP, AD, AD with SSO, etc.
- Debugging Settings
- Configuration/hooks - pages about hooks for interacting with DAViCal's operation
- Configuration/settings - a list of pages for each configuration setting
Some commented example configurations are available in the source code. Unfortunately these did not ship in the past but they should be included in future versions in
You can, however, download these example configurations from the source code, here:
- Example Config - examples of the general settings.
- Other Config - examples of the more unusual settings.
- Debugging Config - examples of the debugging settings.
There is also an start on a wikified version of the main example above, at Configuration settings.