From DAViCal Wiki
This page, and related sub-pages, give details of the configuration of DAViCal itself. If you haven't yet got Apache, PHP and PostgreSQL working correctly to get DAViCal operating in a basic manner then you need to sort those issues out first. Take a look at the Apache Config, PHP Config and PostgreSQL Config pages.
The configuration file for DAViCal is looked for in several places, but the best choice is probably
/etc/davical/config.php if you only want to run a single DAViCal instance.
If you want to do something different, DAViCal searches first for a number of absolute paths, and then for some relative paths, in the following order:
Absolute paths searched for DAViCal's configuration file:
Relative (to DAViCal's index.php) paths searched for the configuration file:
Configuration is PHP Code
The DAViCal configuration file is a piece of PHP code which is included very early in the processing of each page. If that does not exist, you'll get a nice error page telling you what to put in it. If the file exists but is not readable, it will be silently ignored.
If the file has a PHP syntax error you will have problems! Make sure all assignments are enclosed in quotes (or are numbers) and that each statement is correctly ended with a semicolon.
Some commented example configurations are available in the source code. Unfortunately these did not ship in the past but they should be included in future versions in
You can, however, download these example configurations from the source code, here:
- Example Config - examples of the general settings.
- Other Config - examples of the more unusual settings.
- Debugging Config - examples of the debugging settings.
There is also an start on a wikified version of the main example above, at Configuration settings.
General Configuration Settings
All Sub Pages
- Authentication Settings
- Authentication Settings/Active Directory
- Authentication Settings/Active Directory (with NTLM)
- Authentication Settings/LDAP Examples
- Authentication Settings/LDAP groups
- Database Settings
- hooks/local index not logged in
- hooks/log caldav action
- settings/admin email
- settings/allow get email visibility
- settings/db schema
- settings/default collections
- settings/default privileges
- settings/default relationships
- settings/do not sync from ldap
- settings/domain name
- settings/enable auto schedule
- settings/hide alarm
- settings/hide older than
- settings/hide TODO
- settings/home calendar name
- settings/http auth mode
- settings/locale path
- settings/login append domain if missing
- settings/public freebusy url
- settings/readonly webdav collections
- settings/restrict admin domain
- settings/restrict admin port
- settings/restrict setup to admin
- settings/system name
- settings/timezone translations
- settings/use old sync response tag