There are now at least four CalDAV implementations for Android:
CalendarSync Android CalDAV Click here
CalendarSync allows it to sync your device with various calendar informations sources. It also provides a lot of additional features. CalendarSync also allowes Android CalDAV sync.
- Using a self-created parser which support complex and more features than other iCalendar parsing/importing applications.
- Import appointments, alarms and attendees direct from iCal files (*.ics). and applications.
- Import appointments, alarms and attendees direct from Microsoft Calendar files (*.vcs) and applications.
- Export appointments, alarms and attendees which are stored on the device to iCal files (*.ics).
- Make a quick look at the appointments stored in the iCal files.
- Update old and add new appointments from an iCal file.
- iCalendar files are associated to this app.
- Timezone support.
- Create and remove calendars on the device.
- Fingerfriendly landscape/portrait mode aware GUI.
- Load, Parse and sync ICal files direct from the Internet from different sources.
- Supports the download/handling of calendar informations with HTTP/HTTPS.
- Supports the sync from and to server which provide calendar informations with CalDAV.
- Supports the download/handling of calendar informations with FTP/FTPS.
- Supports the download/handling of webcal/webcals feeds.
- Periodically background sync of calendar informations.
- Automatically background sync can be handled periodically by the app itself or it can be triggered by external applications like Tasker.
- Checking for updates
- Advanced filtering which informations should be imported
- Supporting devices with more than one cpu core to speed up parsing/importing/downloading of informations.
- Multi-language: Currently english and german.
If you are interested in translating the app in other languages please contact me.
- Set up SRV records and well-known paths.
- Install DAVdroid.
- Add a new account. If haven't set up well-known paths, use /caldav.php/user/ (see DAVdroid configuration].
Hypermatix CalDAV Clients/Calendar Sync for Android
- Tries to synchronise the internal Android calendar store with a CalDAV server.
- "Free as in beer" in the app store
- aCal is a standalone calendar application which only supports calendars hosted on a remote CalDAV server.
- "Free as in software" with the source code available on gitorious under the GPL v3 license.
- The app store version of aCal is sold for a token NZD$2 (or equivalent) to discourage accidental installation by people who don't actually want a CalDAV client, and to help keep the author in beer and pizza.
- the caldav4j-apk is a free replacement for the google calendar which syncs with remote CalDAV servers.
- Synchronises the Android calendar with an arbitrary number of CalDAV servers.
- As of version 0.1.4 two-way synchronisation is stable and no longer "experimental".
- Available on the Android Market for ~2.50€ (as of 2011-08-28). CardDAV-Sync also comes in a free trial version.
- According to the author it will be released as open source once version 1.0 is reached
- Over a month of real-world use and not a single issue with it (User:Patrick Nagel)
If CalDAV-Sync and CardDAV-Sync don't sync or you cannot set up an account, check the following:
- You'll need at least PHP 5.2, for the DateTime class, since CalDAV-Sync seems to trigger the code paths for repeating events even if there are no repeating events in the calendar. (See also Setup_Failure_Codes/PHP_DateTime_class)
- Verify that Keep-Alives are enabled in your web server configuration (they're disabled by default in the stock Apache config on RedHat/CentOS/Fedora)
- Make sure you didn't change the DAV headers. Go to your DAViCal configuration file and look for a line beginning with
$c->override_dav_header = "..."
If that line exists comment it out or make sure it contains "addressbook" and "calendar-access". CalDAV-Sync and CardDAV-Sync won't sync if a collection is not advertised as calendar or address book by those headers.
- Synchronise your calendar from a caldav calendar server.
- Fully integrated and transparent in Android account management.
- One way sync only for the moment.