Community Support/Minutes 25Mar2014
DAViCal PROJECT MEETING, called for 2014-03-25, 17:00 UTC
- People involved in the meeting: Gorka, Narcis Garcia, Jorge LP, Der-Flo, Mate, Cyril, Phoo, Frank Martin, Jim Fenton, Pkallnbach, tuxick
- Begin time: 17:15 UTC
1. Project's infrastructure
1.1. Website and documentation
- Informations: Wiki seems to be working well, we have a few people on it now. Jim Fenton sets up accounts for Wiki (old accounts have been droped out). People need to ask for one.
- Informations: Jim Fenton and Tuxick have setup periodical backups of wiki to each personal resources. Pending to implement backups of main website. No news about webhosting (Tuxick is expecting Jim to reach the needed from Andrew for hosting migrations).
1.1.1 Davical hostnames
- Informations: Jim Fenton is waiting for responses from Andrew McMillan.
1.2. Source code
- Informations: Everything from repo.or.cz are imported to gitlab.com and all Mate's patches are merged. Code has been moved to gitlab and is under https://gitlab.com/groups/davical-project
- Jim Fenton proposes to copy an issues list over from github, and notes that issue tracker haven't yet been chosed.
- Jorge LP proposes that someone works on documenting how davical tests work.
- Jim Fenton points that tags are missing from the new git repo
1.3. Downloads and binary repositories
- Agreement: Whole point 1.3 is defered for next meeting.
1.3.1 Debian/DEB Packages
1.3.2 RedHat/RPM Packages
- Informations: Cyril have got admin rights from Andrew in Transifex davical project.
- Information: Jorge sent on 2014.03.23 a Transifex CLI and xgettext mini how-to to the list (markdown format). It explains how to extract English strings from DAViCal to the messages.pot file, and how to pull/push translations from Transifex
- Jorge & Cyril continue to work on the subject.
- Informations from Cyril on 2014.03.22: A new language have been requested, and Cyril accepted it (Korean (Korea)). Current status: Languages with more than 90% of strings translated: English, French, Dutch, German, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Portugal), Slovak (Slovakia), Norwegian Bokmål (Norway), Spanish (Mexico); Languages between 10% and 90% of strings translated: Finnish, Japanese, Russian, Swedish, Polish, Hungarian, Spanish (Venezuela), Italian, Spanish (Argentina); Languages with less than 10% of strings translated: Catalan, Arabic, Czech (Czech Republic), Estonian, Indonesian (Indonesia), Korean (Korea). Transifex link: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/davical/
2.1. Tickets or bug reports
- Jim Fenton and Narcis Garcia propose to create a test project to test bugtrackers. Mentioned http://blog.gitlab.org/demo/
- excluded from choice: redmine (slow), bugzilla (not easy, publish emails).
- others: mantis, gitlab, zarro boogs, Disqus, FLOSS
- gorka set up a playground in gitlab: https://gitlab.com/davical-project/playground
- Narcis says that comment form at Gitlab acts against the privacy of visitors https://www.ghostery.com/apps/disqus and asks for Gitlab service software and policy.
- Agreement: We will test more possibilities and decide bugtracker later.
2.2. Patches or updates
- Informations: Mate just pushed one DAViCal patch and it looks like the current git works. Most of patches are already merged.
- Mate assumes to check for additional patches on github and the mailing list, but first wants to perform tests on the current gitlab version. Will also fix the invitation problem with the repeating events, and few other issues.
2.3. New features or versions
- Mate states the only real missing feature is support for external invitations. Informs that there are examples for apache configuration, and created a new config file for davical with all available options and comments for them. (http://www.inf-it.com/fixes/example-config.php.txt)
- Cyril suggests UbuntuServer virtual machine for VirtualBox.
- Agreement: Deferred until source code repository is settled.
3.1 Mailing list and meetings
- Jorge LP informs about list subscription page at https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
- Narcis proposes to fusion (some day) minutes and chat in same channel.
- Agreement: Next meeting will be on April 9th at 16:00 UTC. Chat at #davical OFTC IRC channel, minutes at Gobby channel assemblies.actiu.info:23101 This agreement will be announced early to allow people to agree or oppose id convenient.
- Franck Martin asks if is there a new project maintainer.
- Narcis Garcia says that Tuxick can be considered as web hostmaster.
- Agreement: Nobody is needed to be responsible for the whole DAViCal project, and responsabilities will be shared.
- Informations: Jim Fenton and Tuxick have setup periodical backups of wiki to each personal resources. Mate and Paul Kallnbach administer Git repository. Cyril and Jorge LP will administer Transifex resources for DAViCal.
- Agreement: Each resource and task need 2 persons as administrators.
3.3. Communication with Andrew McMillan
- Information: Jim will communicate with Andrew, as understood by Frank Martin.
4. Off topics
Ended at time: 19:20 UTC