Community Support/Minutes 22Sep2014

From Davical
Jump to: navigation, search

Previous one | Next one


DAViCal PROJECT MEETING, called for 2014-09-22, 19:00 UTC

People involved in the meeting:
Jim Fenton, gorka, mate, fsfs, Frank Martin, Cyril
Begin time: 1905 UTC


1. Project infrastructure

1.1. Website and documentation

  • "davical.org" needs to redirect to "www.davical.org" so a new A or CNAME record is needed. Jim Fenton agreed to ask Andrew to take care of that. There are two Debian bugs on this.
  • Jim Fenton and Florian to chase puck regarding chanop status in #davical. Can he make additional people chanops, or only Andrew?
  • gorka into looking into regenerating the php documentation with phpDocumentor2 instead of the discontinued phpDoc.
  • The website source should be split off from the main davical repo. Jim Fenton to contact tuxick about pulling website updates from a different repo. Gorka to create empty repo for the website.

1.2. Source code

1.2.1 Git
  • fsfs to look into running the davical unit tests. Decision will be made whether to release based on git HEAD or on previous stable version (1.1.1?) + selected patches based on unit test results. The main issues appear to be in awl.

1.3. Downloads and binary repositories

1.3.1 Debian/DEB Packages
  • Debian packaging updated to latest standards in git, lintian clean, ready for release
1.3.2 RedHat/RPM Packages
1.3.3 Tar Package

1.4. Localization

  • cyril to push latest Transifex updates to git master.
  • Untranslatable strings in PHP code should be under translate() control, according to issues in Gitlab.

2. Development

(most issues were covered under 1.x)

2.1. Tickets or bug reports

2.2. Patches or updates

2.3. New features or versions

3. Project community

3.1 Mailing list and meetings

  • Jim, fsfs and mate discussed mailing lists and email notification on commits. Mate has configured the repo (both davical and awl) to send commit notification emails to the davical-commits mailing list.

3.2. Roles

3.3. Communication with Andrew McMillan

  • Jim Fenton was hoping to buy Andrew a beer when he was in Silicon Valley, but unfortunately was away on holiday at the time.

4. Off topics

Mate reported that a new CalDavZAP & CardDavMATE (with major changes) are coming very soon - demo previews:

Meeting adjourned 21:09 UTC.