Community Support/Minutes 05Nov2015
- 1 DAViCal PROJECT MEETING, called for 2015-11-05, 19:00 UTC
- 2 1. Project infrastructure
- 3 2. Development
- 4 3.Project community
- 5 4. Off topics
DAViCal PROJECT MEETING, called for 2015-11-05, 19:00 UTC
People involved in the meeting:
Cyril Giraud, Narcis Garcia, Frank Martin, Jim Fenton, Florian Schlichting, ibeardslee
Begin time: 19:11 UTC
1. Project infrastructure
1.1. Website and documentation
Nothing new... website is stable. French translations should be made available if possible.
1.2. Downloads and binary repositories
Nothing new since last meeting
1.2.1 Debian/DEB Packages
1.2.2 RedHat/RPM Packages
1.2.3 Virtual Machine Packages
Some discussion of running DAViCal in VirtualBox (Cyril and Frank are doing this) but no packaged installation yet.
Cyril added .values files for missing languages (Arabic, Slovak, Finnish and Korean). Pushed to git repo master. 3 .po files are still without any .values because no translations have yet been pushed to transifex.
2.1. Tickets or bug reports
Debian bug reports should be added to the gitlab issue list. Frank will try to add them.
2.2. Patches or updates
- Shell scripts found where Narcis can work:
dba/create-database.sh debian/davical.postinst debian/davical.postrm debian/davical.prerm scripts/build-always.sh scripts/po/rebuild-translations.sh testing/run_regressions.sh testing/watch-port-80.sh zonedb/update-tzdata.sh
- Bug reports concerned to shell scripts: Debian #656018
2.2.1 DAViCal repository
2.2.2 AWL repository
2.3. New features or versions
- Florian suggests that a new release should be done at least about once a year.
ibeardslee is interested in redesigning of the UI, and looking for others to collaborate with on that. User/admin UI is the first priority; it would be nice to fix the installation too but that's a lower priority.
- Discussion about interface for calendar permissions. Consensus that interface is too complicated and needs redesign with respect to visual representation and number of items that can be selected. First step: Make the design more modern.
3.1 Mailing list and meetings
Special bug review meeting November 19, focused on identifying bug fixes we want in the next release.
Regular community support meeting December 10.
Both meetings at 19:00 UTC.
3.3. Communication with Andrew McMillan
4. Off topics
Meeting adjourned 21:00