Community Support/Minutes 01Oct2015

From Davical
Jump to: navigation, search

People involved in the meeting:

Frank Martin, Gorka (Paul Kallnbach), Cyril Giraud, Jim Fenton, Florian Schlichting (fsfs), Narcis Garcia

Begin time: 19:04 UTC

1. Project infrastructure

1.1. Website and documentation

  • Gorka made some updates to the wiki and updated several pages on the project website.
  • Language issues on the wiki are still not sorted out (plugin problems), Jim to poke tuxick.
  • We need to clarify which plugins are used right now (and what version) and which are going to be used in the future ("Subpages", "UniversalLanguageSelector)
  • Florian to document "davical-current" Debian repository.

1.2. Downloads and binary repositories

1.2.1 Debian/DEB Packages

1.2.2 RedHat/RPM Packages

1.2.3 Virtual Machine Packages

1.3. Localization

  • 24 languages are available (.po files), but only 17 in language drop-down list choser (.values files).
  • 3 languages with zero translation.
  • Cyril will write missing .values files according to Wikipedia translations (and ask for translators for Korean: North or South ?).

2. Development

2.1. Tickets or bug reports

2.2. Patches or updates

  • Frank informs there are 2 merge requests for davical and 4 merge requests for AWL. They are examined in turn and 4 (1 davical, 3 AWL) are merged.

2.2.1 DAViCal repository

  • Frank will contact the author of merge request #18 (Marten Gajda) to get more info about the bug fix.
  • Narcis offered to take responsibility for the shell scripts iinvolved in installing / updating DAViCal, as long as he's properly informed on how the changes should look like

2.2.2 AWL repository

  • 4 merge requests for AWL were outstanding. All were merged except #1 which was tagged as work-in-progress by gorka.

2.3. New features or versions

  • A new release should be prepared in the near future to make the accumulated bug fixes available to our users. We should probably go over open bugs once more and reach out to translators, then do davical 1.1.4

3. Project community

  • gorka to contact Sebastian Kotthoff and Jim Fenton to contact Mark Davies to invite them to join the community since they have made significant contributions.

3.1 Mailing list and meetings

  • Next meeting 5 November at 1900 UTC

3.2. Roles

  • Narcis Garcia mentioned that he can work on ShellScript wizards when needed, such as those to update the database.

3.3. Communication with Andrew McMillan

  • None, other than nice pictures on Google+

4. Off topics

  • At the end of the meeting, ibeardslee (of Catalyst, Andrew used to work there) joined the meeting. General agreement that the administrative UI needs a lot of design help.

Meeting adjourned 21:46.